The guiding principles of the Norway House Cree Nation Health Centre of Excellence are designed to provide a full complement of community-based services that integrate and facilitate health and wellness from birth through to end of life. The Norway House Cree Nation Health Centre of Excellence will:
- Provide health services to individuals within their community support network, comprised of family and friends,
- Create a place that welcomes and strengthens a sense of community as we seek healing,
- Reflect the natural environment of the Norway House community and its relationship to the watercourses and land,
- Through service delivery, facilitate individuals and family members to attain and maintain an optimal level of physical, emotional, social, mental and spiritual health lifestyle practices,
- Reflect the coming together of both western and traditional medicines, so that all those who provide and receive care feel welcome.
- Continue to enhance teaching and learning opportunities for both health care providers and community members. It will also provide an opportunity for care to adapt to the evolving needs of the community and to medical and technological advancements,
- Continue to support the collaborative efforts of all stakeholders involved in the delivery of services,
- Create a safe environment that ensures confidentiality and is mindful of everyone’s physical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional being, and
- Be planned and operated in a manner that will ensure the sustainability of all programs and services.
Project Phases (Construction Document (CD) Packages)
- CD Package No. 1 Tree Clearing/Grubbing
- CD Package No. 2 Site Works – Civil Scope
- CD Package No. 3 Professional Accommodations – Apartment Building
- CD Package No. 4 Health Centre, Supporting Buildings and Site Works – Landscaping